|Park History||Park Progress||Pictures/Videos||In The News|
Jean Sweeney Open Space Park Fund
About Jean Sweeney
- Jean Sweeney's Obituary Click Here
- On October 17, 2009 the Alameda Public Affairs Forum honored Jean Sweeney after the Belt Line Railroad decided not to appeal the lawsuit ruling the City Of Alameda had a valid contract and could purchase the 40 acres of Belt Line Railroad property in Alameda. In this audio only recording, Jean talks about her 10 year effort to save the 22 acre switching yard for an open space park.
Listen to the audio file here. Audio will start automatically.
The audio contains information about the Alameda Public Affairs Forum pertinent only to the date the recording was made and is included by permission of Joseph Woodard Multimedia and the Alameda Public Affairs Forum.
- Mayor honors Jean with proclamation declaring November 1, 2011 as Jean Sweeney Day in Alameda. Click Here
- Community celebrates with Jean after the lawsuit decision: Alameda wins, July 29, 2009 Click Here
- In 2002 Jean organized a crew to clean up garbage dumped on the Belt Line Railroad switching yard. Click Here
Return to Main Page